Monday, May 2, 2011

The Good Life

Last week I taught a workshop at Art from the Heart - we made a gorgeous book with 7Gypsies paper and lots of their gorgeous metal trinkets.



We worked hard (well they did!) we laughed a lot and generally had a good time. Dyan observed me (for my teaching practice) and gave me 10 out of 10 for remembering to do risk assessments etc. hehehe - the bane of everyone's life.
One more essay and one more observation and I'll be finished...and what a celebration that will be...the course has been fraught with disaster. The first year I had a poor Tutor, really disorganised, didn't mark our essays or give proper feedback - basically, we had to muffle through ourselves, and then although we got a fantastic Tutor for the second year, sadly she died in February and I haven't been to College since then - you've heard the saying 'Physician, heal thyself'? well its been like that 'Teacher, teach thyself'!

Anyway, back to The Good Life.... Julie kindly emailed these photographs to me as my camera died :( - They seem small - don't know whether that's how I loaded them or whether it's how Julie sent them - you know Jpeg sizes and all that, but I hope you can see them anyway.



Top: - L-R Karen, Julie, June and Andrea
Bottom: L-R Jackie, Janet, Jane and Lisa



There are lots of pockets and flaps and envelopes and pullouts in this book so it was a very hands on morning - and really - you can see them all working hard - so hard that they did daft things like gluing the edges down BEFORE making the pockets... Sorry Jane - I had to spill the beans!

It made us all laugh a lot that we do some really daft things sometimes when we know we are all competent and intelligent people! What is it that makes us do that? Anyway, it was certainly an icebreaker and we all relaxed and just enjoyed playing and chatting the day away while creating a thing of beauty!



I shall be posting my 365 Calendar May pages when I get back to Yorkshire (seeing as that's where I left my journal and I need to upload photos of it!)

5 comments:

  1. Looks as though everyone had a great time, can't wait to see the finished book, it sounds brilliant. Nearly at the end for this term, then you can chillax xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh you look like you had a lovely time making the book! Sending you hugs hun - hope you manage to get to the end of what seems like a particularly strange course!

    Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you must be so happy to be on the final part of the course, it will all be worth it in the end! The class looks as though it was a lot of fun. I love mini books with lots of pockets, flaps etc. How I would love to live nearer to Dyans amazing studio........oh well.... I can but dream eh? Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You obviously have such a great gift for teaching Sandra, and to keep going in such adversity is a true testament of character.
    I truly hope you pass!
    Your class looks such fun - wish I was nearer.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh love that book,

    hope your next tutor survives,

    i am about to blog some free tutorials that are the antithesis of H&S (atabout midnight tonight)

    do not come and learn from me...

    Dx

    ReplyDelete