Saturday, October 10, 2009

On The Go!

Here is another project I've made using those absolutely gorgeous new Blonde Moments papers.
This time I used the 6x6 papers (they come in a pad with 4 of each design) I added a 7 Gypsies knob, stickles, glossy accents, stitching....I couldn't stop playing! I really love the colour of these papers, I know I said I would be making something for my sister but I don't think I can bear to give her this either!

Open the box lid and out cascades a lovely line up of these, (did I say gorgeous!) papers.....

The reverse side spells out NOEL - I have a nephew called Noel, he usually takes a bit of stick near Christmas time.... ie "The first Noel..." etc, so my sister in law might just want to claim this box as it will have duel meaning for her - the name of her son and a Christmas celebration keepsake. Mmmmm, at this rate I'm going to have to keep playing with these (gorgeous!!) papers!


I've also (finally) finished playing with this wooden tic-tac-toe frame... My friend Gill got her hubby to make these and they've been sitting there up at the Craft Box (where I teach scrapbook classes) waiting to be paired up with the tiles I had made at home.
I painted the inside black and then started adding texture to the frame by using the Viva Terra, Ferro and Croco paints. I enjoyed messing about getting my hands dirty, adding the paint with my fingers - at one time I would have found this too scary.... a bit too messy, I suppose that was partly because I used to craft on the dining room table and I didn't want to mucky it up! but now our children have all left home (leaving us SPACE!!!) I have my own room - I can close the door and leave the mess!
The photo doesn't do it proper justice.... note to self - get Stan to give me a few photograph tips!
(Stan is my best mate Shelley's hubby and he's a professional photographer)

After adding my punched out squares, I poured UTEE over them, (thus making them into tiles)then added a couple of flowers to balance the look of the whole thing. I can't decided whether to add a hanger to it yet....




6 comments:

  1. Loving the blonde moments gift - the papers are addictive and I've discovered lend themselves to yellow cardstock - something that I hardly ever use and therefore have ample supply of! I've put some teacher's gifts using these gorgeous papers on my blog yesterday with matching gift bags. I finished the gift bags off with the teacher's names! Hope you're having a great Saturday

    See you Monday

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Sandra, I just love the way you've used the papers, you'e so creative. Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Blonde Moments gift box ... you are so right about those papers ... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luuuurve them too, oh I,m supposed to ha ha . Love what you've done with them chick, teachers pet on Weds..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tic tac toe frame is really lovely, would make fantastic gifts...thanks for your comment on my blog, much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abolutely fabulous Sandy! Love all that texture! Was nice to meet you at ArtsyCraft!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete