Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow is a good reason to play!

And I don't mean making snowmen...although I have done THAT recently! Our son (28 years old!) was home from Belfast over Christmas and we went out to play in the snow! Have to say, his Dad and I did most of the work as he wanted to take the photographs to show both his sisters who the real children are in this family!


Of course we used a flat cap in true Yorkshire tradition... Andy, who loves geology, even allowed me to use some of his slate for 'Snow Joe's' eyes and coat button! (he collects rocks etc and has a collection in the garage)

So, fun and games in the snow aside, while we have been snowed in I've taken the opportunity to do some art journaling.



The background for this page was already prepared as it was originally going to be my art calendar so the colour scheme was set, but it looks completely different now than when I started!

You can't quite see here but these eyes are gorgeously green! I was drawn to them when I saw a magazine clip advertising the new movie Avatar, I haven't seen it yet so if you have, let me know what it's like! (I'm presuming the creature that owns these eyes is from the movie)

So if we have more snowfall tomorrow, I shall just entertain myself by getting creative again!

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant page Sandra good snowman too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STILL not done any journalling. I love the pages you have created here. Looks like a lot of work went into it. I have finally finished Josh's book today, so hope to start my calendar tomorrow. Don't quite know where to start but I'm gonna give it my best shot! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic page Sandra, love the way it's turned out, the colours are stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pages are beautiful Sandra and I love your huge snowman too.. I have to confess to not having really been out to play in the snow, only to shovel it...May try a snowman tomorrow...lol...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a day of snow to bring on a creative thaw! Looks like you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra! Thanks for the comment on my blog, it was a lovely surprise this morning. Love your journal pages - I'm going to the Art Journalling weekend at Art From The Heart next month - can't wait to get started! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! At least I'll (kinda) know someone else there! REALLY wanted to go to the Claudine Hellmuth ones too but alas it's not to be... See you at AFTH soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning work, just found you blog hopping and love your style TFS XXX

    ReplyDelete